Logo Icon

 

         Final Logo
Reference Image

Statement:
    For my fictional company, I wanted to center the logo around one of my hobbies– collecting records. I wanted to go beyond a typical logo with a record where it either was the logo entirely or part of the name. I felt that a shopping bag was appropriate as the company would be both an in-store and online record shop. I am also a big fan of the color sage green and thought it would go with the company well and provide a simple and identifiable name. I also added the company's name below for the logo to be easily tied to a business. In terms of creating the logo, I started with the front shape of the bag using the rectangle tool to create the basic shape then using the direct selection tool to modify the proportions. After, I made the record using the ellipse tool as well as the curvature tool to create the grooves of the record. I also used the ellipse tool for both the handle of the bag to create a perfect half oval shape and the holes of the bag to add dimension. To finish, I used the pen tool to create the sides of the bag, creating a small triangle shape at the bottom to create dimension in the shopping bag and then coloring it slightly darker than the front to give it an almost three-dimensional effect.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exquisite Corpse

Caligramme