Complex Illustration

 


Artist Statement: I started by using the reference photo as an outline and lowering the opacity to be able to see my own paths. Using the pen tool, I outlined all sections of the UFO, even parts that were just shadows, to separate everything as it looks. I used the gradient tool on all aspects of the UFO including the windows, editing the angle and shades as it looked in the reference photo. I eliminated the stroke for every path so it became a clean look. I used only the pen tool for simple shapes like the bolts of the UFO that line the bottom rim. For the background, I shaped a rectangle to the artboard size and then used the gradient tool again to give the background depth instead of it being a flat color. The shooting stars and other stars were made using the pen tool to give each star a unique character. Specifically, the shooting stars have two paths overlapping each other to give the illusion of a shadow or dimming ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logo Icon

Exquisite Corpse

Caligramme